Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The 2 Bar-holics

In the recent trip that I made to the USA, I visited beautiful places like Trader Joes and Sprouts: A Farmers market.


Sprouts: A Farmers Market


Trader Joe's


I remember spazzing and flying from aisle to aisle. I swear I was trying sooo hard to exert some form of self control in order to muffle the strong urge to fit the whole store into my grocery trolley. I wouldn't mind being trapped in there forever. There's practically almost everything I could dream of. 

I stashed up on a variety of famous bars and cereals that have been featured on numerous health and fitness blogs, and also picked out a few for Jill! 



Mine: Apple pie Lara Bar (190 kcals), Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Protein Kind Bar (200 kcals), Cranberry and Almond Antioxidants Kind Bar (190 kcals), Lemon Zest Luna Bar (180 kcals), Peanut Toffee Buzz Cliff Bar (240 kcals), Chocolate Caramel Kashi Go Lean Crisp! Bar (150 kcals) 

I'll review them after I try them, meanwhile, Jill has already tried some of hers so she might review it! 



I also got a packet of Sunspire Dark  Chocolate Almond butter cups. I was pretty curious and decided to get it because "its now or never". It's made of all natural ingredients!

Comparison to Reese's:

Sunspire: 
3 cups/ packet. 
190 kcals/packet
Made of natural ingredients

Reese's: 
2 cups/ regular sized packet
210 kcals/packet
Contains unnatural chemicals and preservatives

In short, what makes us go crazy over these bars and stuff is because they're made of wholesome and natural ingredients! Not that we're sourcing for and trying to consume 100% organic, gluten free, non GMO products all the time, we're just pretty uncomfortable with putting anything into our systems that has an ingredient label is chock full of funky strange names. 

Love,
Val



No comments:

Post a Comment